Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

I did OK until I didn't

Friday at happy hour I didn't over do it. Some cheese with the tortilla chips and veggies which is free. I spent $5 bucks on two glasses of wine. Cheap eats. That's why I like it there. So, I woke up Saturday morning still at 116. Score!!

Saturday we went to lunch with friends. I ordered a dinner salad with fat free dressing. I went crazy with the chips and salsa and had some water. I came home and knew I was in trouble because I was 117.5 and hubby's friends had invited us to dinner for cabbage and corned beef so I wasn't quite sure how to deal with that.

I didn't have much of an appetite when I got there. I didn't want to be rude so I had a very small helping of the corned beef, cabbage, and a few roasted potatoes. I also had a little bit of the bread and a glass of wine. No excuse for the two cookies I ate. I didn't need any of this. Had I been home I would not have eaten a thing and been fine so this extra little outing really messed me up food wise. I didn't overdo it because I wasn't hungry but after a big lunch ANYTHING was extra and could prove disastrous. If I had laxatives I would have taken them. I dug through my cupboard and the only thing I could find was some Dulcolax which I think are water pills. I'd thrown away the box. So, I took the last two of those along with 7 Metamucil.

So, this morning I woke up at 117 AFTER a dump. Which, by the way I have done daily in the morning for three days in a row. Hubby went to the grocery store and so desperate was I about this weight gain I told myself I would run in place until he got home. It ended up being about 12 minutes. I just felt this need to burn up some calories. I doubt it did anything at all but it helped me feel a little bit better. I am so out of shape it's pathetic.

I feel so mad at myself. More mad at myself then I have been in a while after a weight gain. I guess I am just finally getting pissed off at myself for being so out of control. I also get so mad at these darn functions that throw off my diet. I think I could have been fine if I hadn't had that extra bit of food.

For breakfast this morning I had fruit. Even though hubby brought home a donut to tempt me with. We are doing nachos again for dinner. I am hoping that eating reasonably today and into next week will drop me down again. I do start taking BC my pills today again which have not been too much of a factor surprisingly because the ones I used to take really used to be but you never know.

I'm hungry.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I know, all these functions...
    I guess most people wouldn´t even realize if you were not eating, but if they were, it would be horror. What do you tell people from work or complete strangers if they ask you why you do not eat a normal portion of everything. And the additional: You-are-not-fad-you-are-lookin-great.
    Yeah, thank you...
    Well, just forget about it, and re-gain control in the normal, daily routine of your PBJ in the morning and little dinner with hubby, I know you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete