Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

Mostly Maintaining

The house stuff has completely taken over my life for the last month or so. Now that we have made a decision hopefully that will calm down a bit but we are not out of the woods yet until we get our interest rate locked in and it's a done deal. Still crunching the numbers this way and that. Working on budget and figuring out how much we can save. That part will never end.

I did OK food wise over the weekend. FRIDAY after signing all of those stressful home contract documents we had Santana's. I ate 2 beef tacos, beans and rice. I had to have a beer too of course. I hadn't eaten a thing all day and I was starving.

SATURDAY I ate a few left over bread sticks from Thursday in the morning [Thursday we got pizza and I ate 2 1/2 + 1 bread stick Grrrr] . We spent most of the day shopping to get hubby some work clothes then stopped by my friend's to see her new house. Gorgeous with tons of high end upgrades!! It's the same area that we were considering buying in. The lot for our house is not as big, we don't have as many upgrades, and we don't have a community pool or anything but we also have a much better commute. She has to leave for work an hour early and I can leave with 30 minutes to spare and still make it on time. Plus ours will be brand new. She got it for a way low price because it was a foreclosure and that's the only thing I regret about what we got. She had some frozen meatballs and taquitos for us to snack on.

After that I didn't want to eat much. Hubby went out and got some fast food for him and some bread from the grocery store. I ate some fresh mozzarella with some bread and grapes.

SUNDAY I restricted. Well, except the fat cinnamon roll I ate in the morning. Hubby and I have been on this donut kick. After years and years of denying myself donuts I have figured out that having one really doesn't make me fat like I thought it would. MODERATION is the key. Always has been. I ate half in the morning and half after dropping hubby off at the airport and running some errands. Then, for dinner I ate a homemade salad, a piece of the french bread, and string cheese for a snack.

I was HUNGRY when I went to bed. Hubby is out of town all week so I can pretty much restrict to my hearts content this week and I plan on taking advantage of it. I feel like I have done pretty well maintaining my weight since hubby has been back but it sure makes hard core restricting hard sometimes. There might be a day where I just don't feel like eating anything and then hubby will make dinner so I'll have a little. Just a little which is how I've maintained my weight but sometimes I just don't want to have to do that. I would rather just say I want pretzels or just a sandwich and call it a day. It's a lot of juggling to make sure I don't over do it because there is him with dinner and then there might be other days where I do a happy hour. It's harder to get in those 2-3 days of hard core restricting at a time that I would like to balance out those splurges in between.

4 comments:

  1. Maintaining is always better than gaining! Sounds like you are starting to find a good balance with your husband around. I hope you get to enjoy the time to yourself and restrict a pound or two away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when my husband is gone, for exactly your reasons - I can restrict to my heart's content. Even though he doesn't really mind, if he's eating my willpower goes out the window.

    Glad you're doing well!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad as it is, the first thing I think when the BF is gone, is: Wow, I don´t have to eat!!!

    In my case this is a good thing, I tend to get sad and bored if the BF is not around, and now I got something to look for. It´s the same with reading blogs and posting, by the way...

    How did you decide about the house????

    ReplyDelete
  4. We decided about the house very painfully. At least it was very painful for me. Bottom line-we need to buy and this was our best option.

    ReplyDelete