Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

Hungry Girl

Hubby and I are going to do dinner and a movie tonight. We are going to a restaurant that has the most amazing cheddar bay biscuits. I've been doing well with restricting since Monday and am sticking to just my usual little work snacks today so I am gonna be hungry. Bad combination.

By the time I got home from work yesterday my hands were shaky and I felt a little weak with hunger. Hubby made an awesome dinner of chicken breast and spinach. I ate just the one small portion and still felt hungry. By the time I went to bed my stomach was still growling even after dinner and string cheese and an apple for a snack.

I am just hungry. My body is telling me it wants and needs more food. I eat, but it's not quite enough to quench the hunger and quiet the growling complaints from my stomach.

I want so badly to still be good at dinner tonight and not go overboard on the biscuits and all other temptations placed before me. I want to feel the hunger in the pit of my belly and ignore it's cries for more.

There are times when I restrict but still feel ok hunger wise so it's not so terrible. Then there are the times like this when restricting is torture, I am constantly starving, and all I want to do is eat like a normal person.

2 comments:

  1. Well, there is this re-feed theory...Maybe you can just relax and enyou the evening with hubby and this nice restaurant. In fact, you do not gain actual weight if you eat normally one day. And after all these days of restriction your stomach is small, you will get full soon. If I were you, I would just order some really great food, eat slowly and drink lots of water. You will get full soon and still have the taste on your mouth...
    You are doing awesome, don´t force yourself too much, you deserve some free time...

    Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know what it means to "eat like a normal person" anymore. What is normal? Did I ever eat that way??

    I hope you are having a better day today.

    xox,
    A

    ReplyDelete