Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving Leftovers

Last night I came home and ate my Thanksgiving left overs as planned. When I looked at the portion size of my mac & cheese I knew it was a lot and I ate it anyways. I laid in bed that night feeling like an oink oink and thinking that I should have put half aside to eat on Saturday. But what made me feel better is that all of the bad food I'd planned on eating is gone and I am starting fresh and continuing with my plan. Those damn cookies are still here at work so I had one this morning-again. I still feel plugged up and as though I need to go #2. I did go yesterday but it was the kind I had to force a little and there wasn't much. I know I am retaining because I hardly have to pee either.

I finally placed my order using the online credit I won from the model contest. I waited all this time for the jacket I wore for the shoot to finally go on sale only to be told that it was a sample and they decided not to produce it. No, they won't sell me the sample. I couldn't get it out of my head either. So I ordered two pairs of leggings and two pairs of jeans leaving myself a balance of $60 because I went over a little. These clothes are way expensive ($89/$78 leggings & $165/$235 jeans!!) so it's pretty exciting to get them for basically free. Not bad except I just HAD to go and order a jacket from V.S. similar to the one I was wanting. For some reason I just felt like I HAD to have it. The jacket was not cheap either but it is leather. It was $160 total and was on sale. I had a 20% off promo code that saved me $30 bucks-basically shipping and tax. I still can't believe I did that. $220 bucks and all my stressing over money lately!!!

If I could do that then why couldn't I go to Vegas with hubby? I guess it's because of the way I rationalize certain purchases in my head. Airfare would have probably cost about $220 with tax but then I would have felt obligated to pay a portion of hotel and food which seemed to be beyond my reach and I didn't want to feel guilty about having hubby pay it all. Somehow, as long as I get a good deal and don't go banana's I can usually justify buying some clothes. I can do clothes. Everyone has to wear clothes. A $50 purchase here, $25 there. It isn't overwhelming for me unlike buying an item for $400 or taking a mini vacation. I have slowly been building my wardrobe over the last two years. Going from cheap random shirts at Target to actually trying to look fashionable. Clothes are something that I can keep and they make me feel better about myself. There was a time when I wouldn't and couldn't by A THING but now I can now and then. I always use coupons and catch sales. But, I always feel guilty and overly indulgent when I do. Kind of the same way I feel when I eat too much food.

Anyhow, I found out from my agent that the check for the shoot I did back in August is finally on the way. It should be about $1,200 or a little more so that was the green light for me to go ahead and order the clothes which of course led me to buy that darn jacket. I know I will be using the money for the clothes I just bought and for my lease return fee. I haven't decided how else to allocate it but I have enough expenses that I know I will be using it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment