Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Juicing to Healthy Eats

I did my juice fast last week starting Wednesday and ending on Friday afternoon.  I debated about breaking the fast that day and probably would have continued were it not for a planned lunch with my mom and sister.  BUT-I made a great food choice so I'm okay with it and technically it was still 72 hours.  We went to PF Chang's and I just got Their Buddha meal which is Steamed Veggies, Tofu and Brown rice.  I felt so proud of myself and despite eating out every single day since Friday that streak has continued.  Normally, it's where I fail but I just couldn't do it this time.

I started my fast at 123 on Wednesday and by Friday I was 119.6 lbs.  After breaking the fast and eating on Saturday I was 120 lbs and I have maintained that weight all weekend.  I seriously can't believe it.  Saturday morning for breakfast I got egg whites and added a bit of hubby's chorizo into it.  I felt satisfied all day and when I went home and sat on the couch to watch TV there was no snacking.  I didn't eat again until we went out that night.  For dinner that night I got a Chicken Caesar Salad.  I ate out TWICE in one day and did not gain.  This is quite a miracle.

My older sister however didn't do so well.  She is overweight and exercises like crazy but she can't seem to get her diet together.  We hung out together with my family on Friday and Sunday.  Thursday they ordered Pizza, wings and potato wedges at my mom's house.  Thank god I wasn't there.  Friday her and my mom got the PF Chang's four course meal that includes dessert.  She also had a beer there and then came home and had one at my house.  Saturday she ate more Pizza, wings and potato wedges.  On Sunday when we went out to breakfast with my dad she got the Cinnastack French Toast which is basically French Toast that eats like a cinnamon roll.  I got an egg white omelet hold the cheese.  I did have one of my mom's pancake but it was just one and I knew it wouldn't mess me up as it was only 153 cals.  Seeing my sister so out of control was a reflection of exactly what I've been doing for months and months on end.  It was almost sad to see that she wasn't strong enough to fight the food cravings.   Normally my food cravings beat me down but this time I won!  I feel like this is the first time that I have actually broke my fast the way that I should have with mostly clean eats.  Well, I have but never for more then 1 day which is not enough.  I did gain, but I didn't even feel so bad about it because it was 0.4 and not a whole pound and I have maintained since. 

Today I started the Advocare herbal cleanse.  A few people at work have been talking about it so I figured I'd give it a try.  Thinplse; here is the link if you are interested in checking it out.  I ordered mine on Amazon.  It's 10 days of a mix of a powder fiber drink mixed with water, pro biotic pill packets and cleansing pill packets.  The directions tell you what days to take which things and what time of day to do it.  Today was just the fiber drink; which is 70 calories.  That kinda sucks but oh well.  When I get home it's day 1 of the 30 days shred.  I have two happy hours to go to this week but I am determined that I will not screw up.  I actually feel confident about being able to keep this going.  I have my foods planned out for those meals out already and I just need to stick with it.  My sodium has been a little higher then I would like but I've been free flowing all weekend and had a BM this morning.

I was going to do food pics but then I missed out on a few foods so here are screen shots from Lose it instead.  I'm feeling pretty good right now and I'm going to try really hard to keep it up.  

3 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy 30 day shred. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the link! does the cleanse come with a meal plan recommendation?

    and awesome job this past weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gz on the loss - AND keeping it.. I have always admired your will-power, even when you say you have no control, you still have way more control than most people I know including my self. I guess I should start doing the "WWMD" (What Would Miranda Do ) every time I wan to eat :)

    ReplyDelete