I am so freaking bloated. My stomach is literally in pain just hurting as I sit here. I'm supposed to start my period next week so I'm thinking that's why. I drank a ton of water yesterday and barely peed any of it out so I'm definitely retaining water, hence the bloating. It's the worst feeling. Trying to drink my minimum 24 oz of water is really tough when my stomach feel this way but I'm 1/2 way there. I need to chill out with the pretzels. The sodium content could be doing me in. Yesterday's was 1800 mg 980 of which came from pretzels. I decided to weigh them last night to see how much I've been eating and it's about 2 servings. I was under estimating earlier partly because I didn't want to know. Ignorance is bliss right? Hubby has not been paying any attention to what I eat for about the last 2 weeks now and it's been great. I think it's time to take a break from the pretzels though even though my appetite is still just not really there and there isn't anything else I want. My stomach feels full even though all I've had today is the usual 1/4 c egg whites, coffee, 1/2 cup Fiber 1 cereal and a granola bar. I was soooo scared to weigh in this morning but it wasn't too bad.
Too bad I'll be in a bikini in a matter of days. I'm going to Vegas with my sisters purely for pleasure and vacation. I'm mostly packed. I tried to start a little early so I wouldn't get all anxious like I usually do when I pack for a trip. I'm going to do some laundry so that I'll have some work out clothes to take with me and available for when I get back.
Work is so slow. There is nothing to do. The first half of the day was spent researching our Europe trip. Yep, I'm still obsessively researching and have been for about two weeks now ever since I realized that I'll actually get to go. Hubby pretty much said, decide where you want to go and we'll go. He likes it that I'll work out all the logistics and figure everything out and I like it that I get to be in control. I've had to figure out the complicated Eurail system, travel time, where all the cities are that we want to go to and what order we should visit them in. I'm comparing the cost with a cruise and without a cruise. It's been so much fun. I have both itineraries all typed up and organized according to what I anticipate the dates to be. We won't find out for sure until the first week of next month and then we can finalize what we want to do and start booking it. I still can't believe that this is happening. I anticipate it will be about $2,600 for my portion of the trip! That is a big chunk of change. There was a time when I would have said HELL NO! It's not worth it. I really like seeing money go into savings and have always had a hard time watching it leave. I also never felt that I deserved to spend money on myself. Every since I got with hubby though my anxiety about money has gone way down and I'm not sick and fearful at the thought of spending that much. This is something that will be a great experience for us together. I don't want to miss out on it because I'd rather see that money sit in the bank instead.
Uggg...I still have about 1 1/2 hours left of work. Shoot me now. At least I'm off Friday.
Have so much fun in Vegas!!!!
ReplyDeleteGosh bloating is miserable. Hang in there girl
ReplyDeleteVegas AND Europe! Fabulous! I mean you might as well go on trips, no use being the richest bitch in the cemetary ;]
ReplyDeleteHa, ha!! I know...you can't take it with you right? Well, you can but you'll be dead so there will be no point.
DeleteI have been feeling suuuuuuuper bloated the past few days too - I'm chalking it up to bad behavior (eating wheat and just eating too much while Juan was here) and getting my period. I just want to feel relatively normal-ish (never thin, of course) again.
ReplyDeleteI am so psyched that you are getting to go to Europe! Do you need any recommendations for France? I've been to a few cities there and lived just outside of Paris for 6 months in college. I know of some fun places to go and see.
Thanks for your constant support with Juan - you're right that he toys with my feelings, but I am pretty sure that he does it unintentionally (not that that makes it right or any easier to deal with). I think he has major commitment issues and is so independent, but I know he is capable of great love. I tend to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and believe they want to be the best they can be (obviously that's not true, but I don't want to be any other way, you know?) I just really hope that he chooses us, and if he doesn't, I think I will feel slightly more at peace with that, even though I will love him for the rest of my days.
Ugh, period bloat. I'm right there with you. Hope it goes away quickly and you have fun in Vegas!
ReplyDeletepretzels!!! i've tried to control my obsession but it's near impossible. safe foods aren't so safe all the time!
ReplyDeletehave so much fun with your sisters, you're so lucky to have the opportunity to build on family relationships like that...enjoy!
work for me is always boring no matter how busy i am. i'm always dreaming that i was rich! oh what fun it would be.
part of marriage is security and it sounds like you are settling into the idea that you can rely on the one you love in many ways :)