I've been so tired lately. It's like this blanket of fatigue that never really goes away. I had a nice weekend hanging with my family. There was no eating out which was good and while I did eat a lot of carbs (not even bread or pasta carbs) I didn't do too badly on calories. On Sunday I swear, I woke up tired. I could hardly even keep my eyes open while I was hanging out with my sister. We went to pick up her wine and I drank one glass and got so buzzed. It was crazy. That morning my dad made scrambled eggs so I had that but there wasn't too much in my system I guess. I saw my sister in action. On the way back she was starving so we stopped at Carl's Jr. She got a Western Bacon Cheeseburger and ate it in the car on our way to the yogurt shop. She literally walked into the shop with her burger mostly eaten but still in her hand and was placing her order. She loves food. So do I and it sucks to deprive myself and be so hungry and still not get results. I had 2 bites and I swear it was like heaven. That sucker had 710 calories. I can totally see it being worth the calories but if I did it then that would be my ONLY meal for the day. I'd plan for it. Not her.
My body pretty much hates me. I've always known this and I have periods of time where I'm able to "beat the system" but it never seems to last. I'm not doing much different then I was before. I might have to face the fact that I've damaged my metabolism. Which, I didn't think I could do on what I've been eating. It just seems that no matter what I do it doesn't matter. I've even upped my calories for the last couple of weeks sticking closer to 1,000-1,100 but it seems that no matter what I do my body is going to gain. I did 920 cals yesterday and maintained. I starve and maintain or gain and if I eat just a little bit too much of course I gain. On Friday hubby brought me his left over Pizza. I starved all day for it and the thought of that pizza literally got me through the day. As soon as I walked in the door I didn't even put my purse down before I was turning on the oven. I was so hungry. I savored every bite of that pizza and it felt so good to not be starving anymore. I maintained 115.5 all last week even with that pizza. Some days eating less and others more like the pizza day-but no weight loss. Then, over the weekend I gain a pound even still being hungry half the time. I'm worn out mentally and physically. My body feels gutted and just tired. Being hungry all the time sucks when your weight doesn't cooperate. I'm not drinking enough water because I'm afraid of the water weight so sometimes I'm parched. I barely eat but then what I do eat just stays in. I don't pee enough, I don't poop enough. My body is just not functioning properly and I know it's because I'm not feeding it the right way. I feel such a lack of control around food that I prefer snacks and I restrict but then I'm hungry and it's really not getting me anywhere right now. I'll eat a PBJ sandwich and no liquids and gain a whole pound on the scale after it. Sad that I know this; because that clearly means I weigh in too much. I just don't know what else to do or where to go from here. I don't know how to eat normally and just let my body function how it's supposed to. It's a constant battle. I feel like I want to jump out of my skin half the time because I feel so huge. I put on my clothes and imagine that they feel tighter. I feel like I should take back those $130 skinny jeans because I'm going to be too fat for them any day now. My stomach and my thighs just look disgusting and I feel disgusting. I imagine everyone looking at me and thinking that I'm gaining weight. I imagine how awful it would feel to not be thin anymore. I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle right now and it does weigh heavily on my mind but at the same time I have to try to put it aside because if I think about it too much I'll go crazy.
I hate it when I flake out on the gym and I don't do it often anymore but I just couldn't do it yesterday. I was just too tired and I had a feeling it probably wouldn't help my situation anyhow. Nothing really does these days. I'll go today though. Hubby is out of town so I really should just come home and drink water but I'm usually just so hungry, tired and head achy that I have to eat a little something and even a little something these days is not enough to make me lose and more then likely it makes me gain or maintain.
Water will help you so much! The only way to lose is to drink it!
ReplyDeleteIt's really terrible the way you're feeling and I can totally relate at times. It sucks feeling out of control and starving and still not getting anywhere. They do say your metabolism changes when you get older but I though that if you worked out enough it all balences out. I really do hope you feel better and you are thin and you totally have self control.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI drink tons of water. I think it helps fight my hunger. I know that battle. I fight that battle everyday. I'm sorry hun.
ReplyDeleteXOXO
I am so sorry hun and I can honestly say I know what you are doin though because it is what I go though every signal day of my life except you seem to have more will power and strength than me which i envy!! DO NOT take those jeans back I have never seen you in them but I would bet money you look like the hottest thing in them!!! I better you are feeling so tired lately because you are not drinking water you have got to drink that and at our age you will get wrinkles faster if you dont!! hope you find comfort somewhere and have a great week.
ReplyDeleteHey girl,
ReplyDeleteI've been a longtime reader (lurker) for so long. I admire your self discipline not just re: food, but also your mentality of responsibility and being in control for other aspects of life like financials, etc.
These past few months have been hard on you re: weight loss... and I finally thought this was the right time to make my first comment. Einstein said insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. You KNOW that your eating habits are leading to this dead end... low cal, low water, and moderate exercise isn't giving you results and its so goddamn frustrating...
You HAVE to change something. Make a drastic change: for 3 weeks, eat 1500 cals a day and work out HARD, like 3x the duration you usually do and try different exercises like weights, gymnastics, or tennis instead of the same elliptical, bike, and treadmill. or try eating raw/vegan for three weeks (really difficult). SHOCK your body.
I hope you'll take my comment as something helpful or at least a reach-out from a follower, and not bad criticism. I truly admire your self discipline and I know if you want something bad enough you'll always be able to do it. (: it's probably the main reason why I read your blog so diligently!
keep it up girl...
Restricting/fasting is the worst when you don't lose anything, because then all the weakness and fatigue and starvation is in vain. Then, of course, I say "screw it" and overeat or binge, and then I gain, and then the whole dreaded cycle happens again. It was so easy losing the first 30 pounds (even though it took me a long time), but now being stuck where I am for so long? It's so frustrating. My metablism is totally shot.
ReplyDeleteOh my.. I am so sorry that you have been feeling like this. This is my 2 cents..
ReplyDelete- Get back on the water wagon - it did you really good, remember?
- Change your eats and try to get more fibre - more protein and less carbs.
- Eat breakfast - even if it is just a fibre cracker and a cup of tea/coffee..
- try to relax
I think you are reaching a panic state where everything seems to be going wrong - and when you reach that state of mind everything gets affected.. The body wont behave the way it should and things just get so weird.
I think a few tweaks really would make things easier..
<3