Hmmm..where do I start? Friday I met up with a girlfriend of mine that I haven't seen since my wedding. When we were in College she used to be way skinnier then me. She was naturally thin so now that she has gotten older she just has a nice long slimness about her and filled out so that she no longer looks bony. It still feels strange that I'm thinner then her now. She eats whatever she wants and isn't really concerned about her weight but still looks good. Must be nice. We met up at the spot where I got to each cheese and tortilla chips to my heart's content. We got into some great deep conversations about life, love and work. After that she came over to see our house before she headed back to her hotel. She has really done quite well for herself. She makes good money. I can only wish I had been fortunate enough to score a great job like hers. I'd need a Masters and I've pretty much thrown in the towel on anymore degrees so that will never happen. She just got an awesome new job offer on top of her already awesome job and she got licensed to be a therapist too. Her options in terms of a career are wide open. I am totally a loser in comparison but I'm learning to accept such things. It was really so good to see her.
Saturday was the holiday party. I got my nails done along with some laundry that morning and then we went and checked into our hotel. We spent a boatload on cab fare throughout the night but we had a good time. The holiday party food was delicious. I didn't have that pig out mindset and I don't think I did awful but it's more food then I can eat and still lose. I pretty much knew that and just accepted that I would gain. I drank a lot. I hardly even felt buzzed so as the night went on I drank more and more which I'd later regret. We left the party around 9 ish and took a cab downtown. We had a blast dancing at the second club we ended up at. I was having a good old time. I went to the bathroom and when I came back that's when it all went downhill. I felt SICK. I don't know why I always think I can drink when clearly I cannot. I stood there frozen and hunched over the counter. I was sweating and could barely see straight. I felt like I was going to be sick but I was so afraid to move. I don't know how long this went on but I was almost totally unaware of my surroundings. The only thing I could focus on was my suffering. Then it finally happened. Everything came up. I had 1 plastic cup sitting there that I used but on my 2nd upheaval that overflowed and then everything else just went all over the counter. We were trying to clean up with these flimsy little napkins and I felt so badly that I had to expose anyone to such a spectacle. How terribly ridiculous. Especially at my age. It's the first time in my life that I didn't make it to the toilet. Of course after that I felt much better but it was time to go.
Sunday we met the other couple for breakfast and then we went to the football game. Thank goodness we had the sun facing us because when it dipped behind the clouds it was freezing. I was so tired that I was struggling to keep my eyes open. I was so happy when we finally made it home. I had a great weekend with hubby but I was just worn out. I took one of two remaining tests for school, we watched a movie and then it was off to bed.
I maintained after Friday night and I don't know how much I weighed on Sunday morning. After Saturday night I knew I was going to gain it was just a matter of how much. I shut my eyes tight before looking at the number. I'm up one pound as of this morning. 115. It sucks but I'm kind of over it at the moment so I just rolled my eyes and got on with it. It actually could have been worse considering the circumstances. Unfortunately, I can't go to the gym today because I have to go out with hubby tonight but I will be there Tuesday night and Wednesday morning for an hour of cardio. I've had a BM every single day for the last 3 days which is just about the only good news to report in terms of input and output.
I feel utterly drained right now. I'm more then half way through my work day but I still have a long night ahead of me.
Tis the season for copious amounts of food/alcohol. :( Bleh. But you came out unscathed! Lol at rolling your eyes. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd that, is precisely why I don't drink anymore. I feel your pain. : )
ReplyDeleteYa.. I can't drink that much anymore.. I sort of stopped drinking after a friend of mine commit suicide after his NYE party at his house couples years back..
ReplyDeleteHe loaded up on alcohol and loads of pills - and after that I can't really drink that much.. I have done one glass of wine here and there - or a beer even.. But I just can't do more.. So I get sort of tipsy from the tiny amount now..
anywho - glad you had fun with your hubby :)
hope the work day went by OK.
Take care of you :)
I had a drinking weekend like that too!! Poor us! I didn't throw up fortunately but I did feel sick the entire next day, which ruined all my plans of exercise
ReplyDeleteOh its nights like that that remind me why I quit drinking.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry you got sick hunni it sounds aweful!! I can imagine your embarassement!!
ReplyDeleteI'm happy you were okay with the 115 and didnt freak out too much. You are strong willed and i know you can get back to what you want. Good luck dear!!
*hugs*
sounds like a hell of a weekend. oh well, shit happens. good luck and have a wonderful week!
ReplyDelete