Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Water!!!!!!

Yesterday I went to the gym after work even though it's the last thing I wanted to do. Just a quick 30 minute Elliptical work out and then I was out. I came home, had a sandwich and did something that everyone including my husband has been telling me I need to do. I drank water. Lot's of it. I really didn't want to because I got home at morning weight of 112 lbs I was just having a sandwich for dinner and didn't want to ruin my numbers.  My calorie count was a respectable 930. I drank about two 15 oz cups of water and checked my weight before bed. 114.5 lbs! Not a happy camper. Not a happy camper at all. I was also not happy about the fact that I didn't pee as much as I thought I should have after drinking all of that water. Which meant chances are I'm retaining water and won't just pee it out like everyone says I will. Exactly what I've always been afraid of. I had to pee about an hour before I woke up then when I got up to get ready for work I barely peed at all. I'm so freaked out that even though I said I wasn't going to take a super cleanse I did. I just felt like I needed to do SOMETHING. The scale read 113.5 lbs today. Well, first it said 114 one time and every time thereafter 113.5 that's what I'm going with. I gained 1.5 overnight and I think the water is to blame. I know what you will say. The body fluctuates, maybe I'm just temporarily retaining water and I'll eventually pee it out and there is no way that it's a true 1.5 weight gain but it does not scare me any less. I still feel totally out of control and I pretty much hate it.

Last night when I told hubby I was going to drink more water starting right then and did he said he was so proud of me. He knows how hard it is for me to drink a lot of water and I felt good about making the effort even though I was scared. Now, I'm not so sure if I want to continue. Part of me thinks I should just to give it a fair shot and the other part of me is just saying hell no. The only way I think I would truly feel comfortable drinking tons of water is if I wasn't eating anything at all. That way I would know for sure that any weight gain is a result of the liquids and even if I saw higher numbers I wouldn't be so freaked out because I'd know without a doubt that it could be nothing else.

It's my long day today so my calories will for sure be very low, which is good. But bad because I'm so freaking tired and after work I have class to go to. I'm really not sure where I'm going with this whole drinking water thing just yet. I'll just have to play it by ear for now.

9 comments:

  1. Your body has to get used to you drinking more water. If you keep drinking water your body will realize that it doesn't need to hold any water and it will flush out. It's just a temporary thing. In order to not retain water, you have to make drinking it a habit. Try drinking enough water everyday in order to make your pee only a hint yellow for a week, but don't weigh yourself. You'll find your weight won't go up, in fact it may go down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the liquid thing can be scary, especially at first. :o( However, from my understanding the body treats liquid in a similar manner it treats food. If the body becomes dehydrated it starts to retain as much water as possible. So in the beginning, when you consume liquids your body may retain the water, but once your body knows its getting well hydrated it will regulate and return to normal.

    I've experienced this a lot in the past. When I used to regularly B&P I would become really dehydrated, but bloated at the same time. Once I started hydrating regularly (6-8oz./1-2hrs.) my body stopped retaining so much. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. water will never make you gain weight, it's zero calories, come on numbers game! You got nothing to worry about besides your own fears <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO TRUE WEIGHTLESS. Miranda, I say OD on water for a week straight. You can do it and we are all here to vent to if you freak out. I'm SOOOO glad you talked about it at least. I need to drink more too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First I want to say I am very very proud of you for even trying to drink that glass of water :) GJ love..

    But.. yes there is a but.. I have to agree with the other girls.. Body does treat water in the same way as food- you need to give it a few days and drink abit more and give it a chance to regulate..

    So I know the first week of "drinking" will be very scary but try to stick to it and I am sure you will feel so much better- and it will effect your skin and hair and everything will feel so softer :)

    focus on the good and I am sure you can do it :)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your body DOES retain water in the beginning if you don't give it enough on a regular basis. I know this sounds strange, but if you drink loads today and maybe one more day, you will lose it all and then some. My doctor always said water sticks to water and in order to get it out, you have to put more in for it to hang onto.

    Really, I know you're freaked out but I GUARANTEE you if you drink as much as you can stand for even a day or two, you'll drop everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're body def. needs the water, and as you consume more and it get's used to it, you'll be able to getrid of it and stop retaining. Really, Really! And sometimes when I go to the gym and drink lots of water (when I haven't drank water in a while) I will retain it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go for the water! Your body will thank you in the end -being dehydrated is tiring for your body. And being hydrated is all about balancing your body - your body only holds onto extra liquid when there is too much salt or if you're taking some weird medications or with hormonal fluctuations. Water is the one thing that will never make you fat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have a hard time drinking water also. Usually if I consumed 16oz a day that was it. I have been feeling like crap though lately and had a BAD bladder infection so i was drinkin up to 90 oz of water a day and you wouldnt belive how much better I feel. And my skin looks great also. :) Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete