Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Still Tired

I had a nice relaxing weekend.  I didn't do a whole lot.  Hubby was out of town for work so I was on my own.  I watched movies, did a little bit of cleaning and ran a few errands.  I STILL haven't gotten a pedicure because I can't be bothered with taking the time to go do it.  I despise errands right now and that's just another errand for me.  Maybe this weekend.  I'm not sure what got into me.  On Saturday I wanted Peanut Butter & Crackers so I had it.  I knew I was just having a PBJ sandwich for dinner so I could fit some in and not have a totally outrageous calorie count.  Then, Sunday it was Cheese and Crackers.  Except I so should not have done it because I was planning to cook dinner.  A low cal one but still.  Did I mention the  Snicker Miniatures I picked up while I was running errands and promptly devoured while I watched one of my movies?  And then hubby made brownies.  So, yesterday's calorie count was way higher then it should have been.  I just figured oh well...I'll be going to the gym this week so I'll burn it off.  I was feeling a bit discouraged as it's been days and days since I last had a BM but I just went so I'm happy about that.  I can tell I'm dehydrated.  I wake up in the middle of the night sometimes and can barely swallow.  Even right now my mouth feels parched.  I did drink about 24 oz of water last night just because I was so dang thirsty then immediately got upset this morning when I weighed in at 114 AND didn't really pee all that much.  But, I know it balances out over time.  So, I'm told.

It's Monday and I'm already tired.  I don't know what it is with this unrelenting fatigue.  I must not be getting enough sleep.  I certainly don't want to spend my life in a tired fog of exhaustion so I need to figure something out.  I did an exercise video yesterday.  I'm proud of myself for doing that but not so proud of the fact that I'm going to flake on the gym today.  Hubby is on this kick where he wants to start going to the gym in the morning before work and he wants me who has always said I would never in a million years go to the gym in the morning to go along with him tomorrow.  Mind you he starts work an hour earlier then me so I'll already be going way earlier then I normally would if this was going to be part of my routine.  Mind you he doesn't even need to go in the AM because he's got a kick butt schedule and gets off at 3:30pm with plenty of time to go after work and still get home in time to not have his whole evening gone.  Mind you I have a final tomorrow after work (it's a short term one month one unit class is why).  He really wants me to support him in this and help get him kick start this so I've agreed to go along reluctantly just this once...and I'm thinking that might just be all the gym I'll have in me for the week.  Hopefully having that BM and getting rid of some liquids will get rid of the crappy 114 I saw today...along with a horrendously early elliptical work out tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. I'm already tired too. I feel like it's Friday or something with how much my body hurts and how exhausted I am. I haven't even done a terrible amount of things either.

    I don't think I'd have it in me to do a early morning gym routine. I prefer later on in the day. Thankfully I can use college as an excuse when my friend tries to persuade me into going. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm told that lemon juice sprinkled in water works as a really subtle diuretic, and it might be worth a shot. (I'd almost rather have, say, 90 oz. of water throughout the day than 24 oz. Very hydrating, and I've actually dropped 1-2 pounds a day drinking that much water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugg.. I don't really like mornings.. I would rather start my days mid day- and go on longer at nights..

    But ya.. maybe if I wasn't this lazy I would do that sometimes..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the odd man out, but when I can bring myself to workout first thing in the AM, my entire perspective on the day significantly improves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been working out in the AM since february and when I don't do it, I notice a big difference in my day. I got used to it, but telling myself "my brain doesn't need to work, for body to do a workout."
    As for water - what if you tried drinking just 1 or 2 glasses through the day - get a small bottle and sip on it a little at a time during the day. Then you're not loading up on a big amount at once. Then over time add a cup, then another. Water really is good for you. Your body is 70% water and you lose 6-8 cups a day just from breathing and other activity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did the early work out go?! I've been trying to hit up the gym earlier, but sleep is a much sweeter option. I think it's awesome that you and the hubby can work out together. My husband is way too hard-core for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know how you feel about complete exhaustion.....I wake up at 5am for work and dont get home until 7:15pm.....I barely ever have the energy to do anything during the week let alone workout and weekends I end up being just as lazy to catch up on sleep. Ugh the vicious cycle. Hopefully going to the gym with your hubby wont poop you out too much. Good Luck <3

    ReplyDelete