Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Weigh In Dread

I dread my morning weigh ins.  I strip down and walk slowly and fearfully towards the scale and hold my breath while I wait for the number to pop up.  Lately, it's not a number that I want to see.  Sure, I could technically just skip this morning ritual but realistically I can't.  I am compelled to do it.  I must know this number every day whether I like it or not.  I'm terrified of vacation this week.  I'll be eating out of my element AND I won't get to weigh in every day. 

I spent most of Saturday anxiously waiting for hubby to come home.  There was a 2 hour flight delay and he barely made it home just in time for him to take a shower and get ready to go to the party.  He is such a trooper.  He'd just come off of a 14 hour flight but he didn't want to miss his friends B Day party.  I never ever woulda made it.  Turns out it was an Asian restaurant which worked out food wise.  No bread basket and if they have dessert (which this one didn't) the Asian ones are always pretty yucky to me.  Everything was family style so I was able to just scoop a bit of what I wanted on my plate and ended up with rice, noodles and chicken.  Not bad at all.  As expected I got my drink on.  I had a Rum and Diet and a glass of wine at dinner.  Price wise for the two of us it was $106 bucks!  That's about what it always ends up costing us when we go out to dinner with his expensive friends.  They are the split the bill even type of crowd.  I've ordered the cheapest thing on the menu with no drinks and it'll still cost us $100 so I made sure to get a drink this time and just not worry about it.  Hubby's paying...whatever.  Usually, I'm the one who wants to go home and hubby wants to stay out but this time it was the other way around.  I actually wanted to be out for some reason and hubby of course was way too tired.  After dinner we went downtown to their hotel room where I proceeded to drink Vodka and Cranberry that I mixed upVERY strong and another glass of wine.  When they took the party down to the club we went home so hubby could finally get some rest.  I hadn't eaten all day and dinner wasn't very heavy so by the end of the night my body rejected EVERYTHING.  Hubby had to take off my shoes and help me in the house.  I barfed and then lay on the bathroom floor because I couldn't get my pants off.  He helped me undress and then I got into the bed full make up and no tooth brushing.  I woke up around 3:45am and brushed my teeth, washed my face, put on my jammies and fell back into bed.  Ugg!  I get buzzed often but only get up chuck drunk about twice a year.  As long as I throw up I usually feel OK the next day.  I don't know how the Mia ladies handle the whole barfing thing.  I HATE it!!!  And, the worst thing is it didn't even help me out.  I still hated the scale in the morning.

Hubs was kind enough to tie up my hair
and take this pic in my time of despair
 Sunday was spent relaxing mostly.  Hubby slept until 2pm and I slept in way longer then usual just because I wanted to be next to him.  It's so good having him home.  I'm not even bothered yet by the mess he usually brings with him.  I think we both got too much sleep because I had a hard time falling asleep Sunday night and I don't think I ever really got into a deep sleep.  Hubby can't just lay in bed like I can so he got up really early and played PlayStation.  He's probably still not on our time.  I'm tired today.  I'm going to have to go to the gym and continue to try to chip away this extra 1.5 lbs I've been carrying around.  I've been pretty good with my calories all week but still....it's not budging.  Which is hard for me to take because usually it's not this difficult.  I really feel like my body is fighting me right now.  I'm gaining and/or maintaining on what I was loosing on before.  I take a bite and I gain.  Heading into vacation I really don't want to be over so between now and Thursday I've gotta be hard core.  I've got my food already plugged into my Calorie Tracker.  I must not deviate from the plan.

12 comments:

  1. the scale moment is always terrifying for me as well, I tell myself I don't need to know but my body robotically prepares me for the daily weigh-in...even if I have had the munchies at midnight the night before...argh. Only twice a year? I'm a student so maybe it's slightly different but I get like that probably about once a month!...only if I'm with my bf though because I subconsciously know that he'll be able to get me home :) good luck with the gym, it's a bit of a slog when you feel tired. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the scale. Have you ever flipped it off? Ha ha. I have.

    I would think that even though you yacked, the alcohol may have still influenced your weight. I dunno. I hope you are recovered though! Why did he take a picture of you in the bathroom? I would have killed my husband if he had tried ha ha.

    I hope you the vacation doesn't stress you out too much! You need to have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look very slender in your picture. :) how lucky to have such a caring hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're not alone on this one. I'm heading out for a vacation this Wednesday... and I'm very, very, very anxious about it. Don't get me wrong I'm totally excited too, but that whole eating, thing gets in the way! I hate being out of my element. I wish you the best and try to have some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i definitely think it's the alcohol. if i drink it's only on the weekends and on weekends i purposely won't eat all day so that i handle the thought of the extra calories. weigh-ins are alway horrid the following day no matter what i do!

    vacations are rough and there is only one thing to do...just try your hardest to have a good time and enjoy yourself. worry when you get home but for now have fun with your husband, both you and he need the time to de-stress and reconnect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHA! I love that your husband took that picture and even better: that you have the sense of humor to share it! You're the best :-)

    When you hold your breath on the scale, do you hold it exhaled? I do that--it makes NO SENSE right? Like a full breath is gonna make it a higher number.... silly....

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're such a skinny mini!!
    i love the back of you arm- the little things i notice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your husband sounds like such a sweetheart :) Wishing you every success between now and Thursday, and a wonderful vacation! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh. My. Gosh.
    I SO feel you on the morning scale ritual. I wake up every morning and think about what I "have to do" and it makes me stay in bed a little longer. Then I go to the bathroom in hopes that it will make me weigh a LITTLE less. Then I look at the scale... it's like a stand-off.

    I always lose.

    I step on the scale anyway... every. single. morning. I don't want to, I hate it, I HATE the numbers I am seeing so much that it makes me cry.
    And yet... I have to do it. I tell myself every morning, "It's okay, you don't have to weigh yourself... just get up, exercise, and go to the gym... you'll feel good about yourself after you work out, and you don't have to see the numbers!"

    But I DO have to :(

    The verdict this morning is horrible... It's not moving in the right direction.

    I feel your pain :( You are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS, mine is an extra THREE pounds, so try to feel better about your 1.5 :( :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also could never be mia. ... Puking terrifies me, and I can only do it when my body is leaving me no other option.. and it's going to happen whether i like it or not.

    ReplyDelete