- What if I never ever get back to 112?
- What if my body has decided it won't stay between 112 and 114 anymore?
- Have I ruined my metabolism?
- What if I can't eat any thing at all anymore to maintain this weight?
- Will I be forced to start going to the gym more just to maintain?
- I have to be skinny!!!! This can't be happening to me.
- Why can't I just eat like a normal person and not weigh myself a million times a day?
- I'm so tired of counting calories.
- Hubby is getting donuts tonight and I want one so bad but I can't have one and it sucks.
- I wish this didn't matter so much to me.
- How much longer can I keep this up?
- I don't want to fail.
- Oh, god...I can't do this anymore. I'm just so tired.
I already know this but I am a chronic snacker and it's becoming more and more apparent. When I'm reading blogs or watching TV I have this insatiable desire to be constantly putting food into my mouth. Even if it's just a piece of string cheese. Even if I space out the pretzels and only eat a few at a time to last throughout the program. It's really ridiculous. Hubby doesn't do this. He eats and then he's usually OK between meals. He is normal. Me on the other hand am always hungry and always plotting and planning out what I'm going to eat next and when. Even as I'm telling myself that I do not need a snack in order to watch this next episode of Dance Mom's there I am getting up and grabbing a few more pretzels. My snacking is totally out of control. I know this but I haven't quite figured out what to do about it. The things I snack on aren't bad. It's apples, pretzels and string cheese. Or fat free candy. I can usually fit these things pretty reasonably into my calorie budget and am able to limit them to a serving or two at the most depending on what it is. The problem is the concept that I am compelled to put something in my mouth while I am doing a certain activity even if I'm not truly hungry. That's the problem. It's not messing up my calorie budget too bad but it could be the reason I'm not getting back to 112. I need to cut it out.
I finally got my car in the shop Saturday. The unusual sound was because I needed the breaks replaced. $260 bucks but at least it wasn't something serious. Half my weekend was spent cleaning out the garage and painting the floor. Fun, fun. And it was so hot. The good thing is that it got me off the couch, away from my snacks and got my body moving. It looks really good now and I'm glad we got it over with. I'm not feeling tired today...yet. I got enough sleep last night and I need to keep that up for the rest of the week because it will be another busy one. Today is gym, tomorrow is school, Wednesday is gym and Thursday is a baby shower. Eeek!!! I can already feel the anxiety over a food function rising. I've gotta be really good this week.
I always hate function food anxiety :[ Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm glad everything is back to normal for you. I know it seems like our bodies are rebeling, but it can only go on so long, just basic science :] At least that's what I always tell myself!
I do the same thing! I bought these ginger cookies at Trader Joe's the other day. They are animal cracker sized and not too sweet. They come in a little tub, and even though I fill up my little tiny 1/4 cup sized bowl with one serving, I keep going back for no reason. I'm not hungry, I don't need them, I just want to chew. I was almost to the bottom of the container when I decided to just throw them away. I can't handle it.
ReplyDeleteI am also a big snacker and it sucks :( I eat snacks when I watch tv and like you they are mostly healthy. But I hate that I feel compelled to eat when I watch tv. it's like I can't sit on my couch without eating somethin. Some things that work for me are: low cal/no sugar added hot chocolate and sugar free gum.
ReplyDeleteSometimes I think about why i do this too and why I can't be "normal" with food. But it just keeps coming down to the same thing.... I want to be skinny more than anything else. And I don't care.
I'm glad I'm not alone in the snacking department! I feel semi-normal now... Snacking is a tough habit to give up. I used to smoke, which cut back the snacking, but turned my lungs black. Now I don't smoke, but I'm constantly fighting the urge to eat something. This is why I try (key word is TRY) to eat tiny, tiny meals of <100 cals.
ReplyDeleteWhat laxative do you use? How long does it work for the next day? I find that if I take a laxative I can pretty much count on being home all day the following day. I want to find something that isn't so harsh...
I used to be the same with snacking. I'd snack on anything and it was out of control. It's an hard habit to knock on the head.
ReplyDeleteI hate anxiety over food functions. I have it really bad and I'm not even going until the 30th of Sep haha. x
with the snack thing i think its best to ban yourself from eating in certain rooms in the house, and while your doing certain things, for instance make it a rule that your not allowed to eat whilst watching tv. xx
ReplyDeleteI totally understand feeling like you constantly need to have something in your mouth. I feel like I've never progressed past the oral stage of Freudian development. Lol. I'm always drinking water/diet pop/coffee, chewing gum, smoking or eating. I start getting anxious if I know I won't be able to have anything in my mouth for an extended period of time. (That sounds kinda nasty. Ha!)
ReplyDelete