Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Eat. Run. Suffer.



My friends and I had a blast on Friday night.  I stayed out later then I have there in a long time; probably because I actually danced.  I was just in the mood and the music was good.  I got hit on a bunch which is always fun.  One guy asked me for my autograph.  I laughed of course and he said, "No seriously."  I ate copious amounts of cheese, tortilla chips, drank a bunch of wine and even had two shots of Vodka to boot.  Fun times.
Saturday I did my oil change in the morning and spent a nice relaxing afternoon at home.  I'd gone up to 113 which I figured wasn't too bad considering.  I kept my calories in the 800's but the damage was already done.  I woke up at 114 on Sunday.  Commence freaking out.  This is my number that I start getting nervous at but did that stop me from pigging out on Sunday?  Absolutely not.  Sad as that is.  I went to my parents house then we went to my mom's co workers house for lunch where I ate more then I should have.  I even had the nerve to get a yogurt later.  Non Fat but still.  I didn't need it.  I even had 1/2 a donut with it that I split with my sister and more wine.  I had a great time hanging with my family but I hate it that I got so out of control with my eating.  On the drive home I was just about jumping out of my skin with anxiety over how much I'd weigh.  I felt like a fat cow.  I didn't make it home until about 9 pm but I knew there was a work out in my immediate future no matter how late it was or how tired I felt.  A nasty 116 lbs glared up at me from the scale.  I've not gone up that high in a while even after a pig out.  I took a dump, went down to 115.5 and went running because I had no choice.  I didn't feel like driving to the gym so I put on my work out duds, laced up my sneakers and went running around the neighborhood.  I don't do much running (and when I do it's on the treadmill) so I knew my endurance would be pretty low and that I probably couldn't run for any extended period of time straight.  So I started out with running for 5 minutes then walking for 5 minutes and so on.  My legs felt like lead and I felt like I was running so slow but I was sweating and my heart rate was up.  After 40 minutes I'd done 24 minutes of running and 16 minutes of walking.  It kind of sucked but oddly I started to get better as I went along.  My last running burst was 8 minutes straight which is pretty good for me.  I'm too broke to get my freaking heart rate monitor so I don't know exactly what I burned and just had to rely on what my app calculates which was 235 calories.  I weighed again before I got into the shower and was down to 114.5.  Mission accomplished but still more work to do.  I melted into my bed with exhaustion.

I'm reminded of why I don't and probably shouldn't run outside on the hard unforgiving concrete.  I'm an old lady and my body does not like me right now.  My left hip feels like it's gonna break off and I have to make an effort not to limp.  How sad.  I'll be back at the gym today for an hour on the Elliptical and then probably tomorrow too trying to undo the damage.  I'm already up two pounds so thank goodness I didn't gain from yesterday, probably because of my run, so I'm still 114 lbs but want to get back down to a comfortable 112 by Saturday when hubby gets home.  It seems to be a cycle for me.  I'll be super strict with myself for a long time and do really good then I start getting tired.  I start slipping up and indulging more then I should here and there.  I'll get away with it for a bit and then my body tells me, "Uh, uh....lady you are getting fat."  The scale starts to creep up to the higher end of where I want to be and then I force myself back on track which is why my trigger number is 114 lbs.  When I see that number I know it's damage control time.

10 comments:

  1. your friday night sounds so much fun

    hey stay strong and never give up to food
    you can do it!!

    have a good day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a fun time though! And it seems like you more than made up for it, so no harm no foul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that cycle really well, my trigger weight now sends me into a frenzy of hardcore exercise and the cycle begins again. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really amazed about how you go woosh and fix it.. You are amazing all together :)

    Glad you had some fun even with the gain.. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm all too familiar with the hazards of hanging with family & friends... every gathering involves food! No worries though, it sounds like you're amazing at "damage control"... Besides it sounds like you had an awesome weekend. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a great time! And it seems like you made up for the gain already, which is great. I'm not so good at getting back on track right away like that. Stay strong.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are awesome. I seriously admire your self discipline and the way you work back down to your comfort weight number after overindulging and going up a bit. Good for you! And I'm happy to hear you had a blast this weekend, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you read my post about Vibram FiveFingers running shoes? I used to have SOOO much pain in my hips/knees/feet/back from running and even a couple of very painful stress fractures in my feet I tried sooo many different shoes before I read the book "Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen". It changed my life! Now that I have gotten used to my FiveFingers I never have any kind of joint pain.
    Here is a link to the post (if you haven't read it). Especially check out the last video. It's short.
    http://alwaysworkingonit.blogspot.com/2011/04/how-you-evolved.html

    I don't go into a ton of detail about running barefoot or in minimalist shoes, but if you have pain I highly recommend looking into it. It has seriously changed my life.

    But either way, I am glad you had fun going out with your friends!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you had a good time, you deserve to cut loose a little bit :) ! You are so lucky that you never 'binge' too badly. That is a problem I can't quite stop yet but I hope to get over it soon. I need some of your self-discipline heh!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you cut loose and enjoyed hanging with your fam. Try not to get too hung up about 114, remember that it's not a race to get back to where you feel comfortable, if it takes a week that's fine - you're maintaining!

    And you have been maintaining so long now and doing awesome :)

    I have faith <3 xx

    ReplyDelete