Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Disappointed

I'm pretty disappointed with myself right now for hovering at 113 lbs.  I'd hoped for 112 by tomorrow but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.  So why do I keep stuffing my fat face you wonder?  Well, I already know not eating will only get me so far.  I've starved and gained before.  I was anxious about it but I had the Grilled Chicken Sandwich (with my coupon) and small Fries on Wednesday.  I can't blame that because I still stayed in the 900's for the day.  I ate the darn meal and still felt hungry.  It didn't make me full in the slightest and I'm not surprised.  Their food doesn't really have a lot of substance.  Oh, were those fries tasty.  Anyhow, I'm just going to keep up with what I've been doing which is keeping it under 1K and hope that the number goes down.  This morning I got a breakfast sandwich with my 2nd coupon (300 cals).  I had time to get gas and stand in line at an under staffed fast food joint.  I love light Summer traffic.  I've restricted here at work to save room in the calorie budget for when I get home.  I CANNOT slip up tomorrow at hubby's friends B Day party.  There is no margin for error here whatsoever and I really need to get that through my thick skull.  If it's where I think it is I'll restrict all day and then order a Cobb Salad for dinner.  My only concern is if they will have low fat or fat free dressing.  I already know hubby won't let me bring my own!  If they don't I may try to get away with ordering some kind of side and not a full entree.  I'm sure I'll drink but if there is a bread basket I need to avoid it like the plague.  And NO DESSERT!!

I registered for classes.  I put it on a credit card I don't use so I'm hoping it'll be a bit before I get the bill.  Am I supposed to feel pathetic that at my age I can barely even afford Community College?  'Cause I do.  I can't believe I'm going to be in school again.  I feel too old and too tired for it.  After getting my BA I was done.  This was never something I wanted to do but I'll get a pay bump if I get 12 units in so I'm just plain old lazy and ridiculous if I don't do it at least once.  I should have done it a long time ago but I just wasn't ready.  I'm planning 7 units this semester and then I'll only have to take 5 next semester.  I think the bump is only about $180 bucks and with taxes and all that works out to be about $150 a month but anything helps.   

Another long week is just about done.  Thank god!!  I actually got productive yesterday and totally sanitized my office.  It was so dusty and there was-surprise, surprise-Fiber 1 cereal all over the floor.  I had them take off this pesky shelf under my desk so I can stretch my legs out.  I got myself organized.  Now I feel good in my office and when things start to pick up after my vacation I'll be ready to work.  I'm so excited to see hubby tomorrow.  This is his last work trip for the year and it will be good to have him home for good.

Comments: 
Em:   How do you manage to not eat lunch everyday without people asking why? And if they do ask, what's your answer?
I do my own thing here.  I don't have a lunch buddy who sees what I am or am not eating so it's easy.  I just sit in my office during lunch and nobody notices.  If anyone asks if I want something from some place I just say I brought my lunch.  At my old job I'd gotten into the habit of eating lunch in my car because I simply had to get out of that suffocating building even if I didn't have anywhere to go so by the time my lunch started to disappear nobody noticed there either. 

Aye Ell:  I read your post about the Vibram FiveFingers running shoes.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I'm not really sure how much I actually like running so I'm not sure if I want to make a habit out of it but those are something I would definitely look into if I wanted to do it more often.

6 comments:

  1. 113 is still amazing! But I know how it is when dining out. If they don't have fat-free or low-cal dressing you could always opt for a side of olive oil and vinegar to dress your salad. Then to keep calories low only use the vinegar. The olive oil is merely to keep people off your back if their inquiring about your lack of dressing. Good tips on the lunch thing! Thanks. Good luck at the B-Day party dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I feel like a loser too for having a hard time affording school. Then I feel like twice the loser for still not having my bachelor's degree yet.
    The olive oil idea above me sounds clever. I'll have to try that myself sometime.
    And it's ok to eat fast food once in a small while. Small controlled indulgences keep the binge monster away :)
    Good luck at the b-day party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally want a pair of vibrams, but then, I love running : ) I also eat in my car on days when it's not too hot or too cold. I hate eating lunch with people. I just want to read my book and be alone to eat or not, my choice.

    Good for you for going back to school! Do you get to take anything, or does it have to be work related?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm lucky, I teach between two schools. If anybody asks me if I'm going to eat... I just say I did already at my other school.

    When I go out for dinner... I usually try to order from the seniors menu or childrens menu. The portion sizes are more reasonable then.

    113 is AWESOME!! Don't beat yourself up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go easy on yourself, hun! Just a bit at a time, everything will be fine. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. catching up here :)

    What classes did you register for? :)

    ReplyDelete