 |
| My Big Greedy Bite |
Today's intake was the exact replica of yesterday's plus the damn pizza pizza for dinner and minus the Subway. Hubby stopped on the way home and picked it up. I had not been faced with the temptation of pizza in a while. They weren't the giant floppy ones or deep dish so I grabbed two. My first bite was heaven and so were all the one's after it. Hubby said, "I want two more." I said, "I want one more." In the past I may have gone for four. One piece was reasonable, two pieces was stretching it and three was basically being a pig. I paid attention to my stomach. Was I full? I was content but not full so I should have stopped but I didn't. Afterward I still didn't feel stuffed but it's pizza and potentially lethal.
Total cals for the day = 1,064.. It's not terrible for the day but not good either and it's the content that worries me. Cheese, Bread, and grease. Right now I really feel that Pizza is my only downfall. I'm doing better with sweets and candy, partly because they aren't around and I haven't gone out to get any. If faced with anything else including Pat & Oscar's Bread Stix I think I could be strong enough to only have one. If I were out to dinner this second I would have no problem passing on dessert. My other downfall is tortilla chips or bread on the dinner table but I honestly feel that I could even control myself around that right now. But not Pizza.
This morning hubby couldn't find his wallet. He got back in bed so he could wait to call the pizza place when it opens where he thinks he left it. I did my extra little weigh ins on the down low. The extra bathroom scale said
118.2 (it was 118 yesterday morning) which is the same exact number from last night before I went to bed. How can I not loose a single bit over night?? Oh yeah, the pizza sitting like a brick in my stomach. The main scale which usually run's higher said
118. Shocking. My scales are so screwy but I already knew that. Should I step on it again just to see if that 118 was a fluke? Nope. I'll take it. I'd rather not have knowledge of a weight gain stressing me out all day if I don't have to even if I deserve it. I'm going to the gym today and eating salad for dinner. My next potential pitfall moment is tomorrow at Happy Hour where they have an unlimited supply of cheese cubes sitting out for free to much on. Where at $2.50 per glass of wine I usually have two and sometimes even three. Clearly I will be at the gym on Saturday too.
The super sucky thing about all of this is that not so very long ago I was at 118 with 0 exercise and not trying nearly as hard as I am now. And to think I complained even then.
pizza is a pitfall for me as well...pizza and nachos! I can resist candy, cakes, breads, but pizza and nachos do me in every time! that is why I try to avoid them as if my life depended on it. lol!
ReplyDeleteI completely feel for you. Pizza is my number one weakness. Any kind. It's like crack to me. But it will be okay. I mean, you could have lost complete control and eaten 4 or 5 pieces! But you didn't and that was very good and controlled of you.
ReplyDeleteI can only avoid pizza in a group setting beause I get this feeling of being better than all the others stuffing their faces (aren't I such a bitch!? LOL), but if it's just be and Husband...all bets are off. I'd eat 3/4 of the entire thing if Husband didn't eat any at all. Instead he takes half and I'll take the other half.
ReplyDeleteI also can't avoid chips and salsa/dip in ANY situation...ever!!!
Hahahaha, "but it's pizza and potentially lethal."
ReplyDeleteSorry, just cracked me up.
Your writing style is phenomena, always makes me smile.
Sorry, I know, Pizza sucks but it could've been so much worse though, dust off, move on. :D
Hope your H finds his wallet.
Stay cool.
Hey, your calorie total wasn't bad at all. Not even high enough for maintenance. Way to go on having pizza and not overdoing it. Pizza is definitely one of my weaknesses, too.
ReplyDeletei see a pattern in the posts...salt and carbs...we all crave salt for sure! i cannot control myself with tortilla chips, popcorn, even crackers. sadly, with that salt comes fat :( you did well not going over the top though so good job. stay strong :)
ReplyDeleteugh so true, pizza is potentially lethal! can be so difficult to avoid because it's a staple of so many social situations! argh it is my downfall too! but don't worry, your intake is always low! <3RaeLynn
ReplyDelete