So basically, I gained, lost, then gained the SAME damn 1.5 pounds over the weekend. How stupid and ridiculous is that? But, apparently it's the way I want to do this thing so it is what it is. What else can I say? It's not that I want this. It's just that I have so little self control that it seems to be the only way I can maintain.
Friday: Happy hour. Started at 117.5. I ate the free cheese and tortilla chips and veggies as planned and had 2 glasses of wine. Pig. I only spent $5 which is one of the reason's I love it there. I came home still slightly buzzed at 10:30pm and went straight into my exercise video so I could drop .5 before bed. Doing he video while buzzed was definitely a plus. I should take a shot before I exercise so it's not so dreadful. Oh boy did I give it my all. I stretched and extended to the max instead of just going through the motions like I sometimes do when I am dead tired and the last thing I want to do is exercise.
Saturday: I mostly snacked all day. I ate ff candy, microwave popcorn, fresh out the oven homemade cookies, and string cheese. I was shocked to find that I maintained at 118.5 from that morning to the end of the day because of not having a real meal I guess. Empty calories. Nothing heavy, but junk nonetheless. So, after being given that gift I commenced to ruin it on Sunday. As per usual.
Sunday: 117.5 again by the time I left for the baby shower. After sex and eating 2 cookies. YES!! I said to myself then went off to the baby shower and drank wine and ate some little mini weenies, tiny bit of mac salad, fruit, veggies, 3 deviled Egg, pound cake and reduced fat ice cream. I came home and a whopping 119.5 glared back at me on the scale. After a much needed dump I was down to 119 but the scale was messing with me. It kept flip flopping between 119 and 119.5. Bedtime.
Monday morning: 119 which leads me to believe that even a good dump didn't take me down to 119 and I really was 119.5 last night. Either that, or I didn't loose a single pound over night which I can usually count on.
So you see. I gained and lost then gained the same 1.5 pounds over the course of the weekend. Now I am back at square one which is where I always end up. The plan? Oh yes there is always a plan. Always a plan for damage control after I have caved into food as much as I say I don't want to. Blah, blah, blah. So yes. The plan. PBJ, Coffee. Two of the cookies we baked over the weekend just 'cause I'm a pig like that. Then, minimal work snacks. I MUST do the exercise video when I get home and then I can look forward to a tiny portion of dinner. By tomorrow hopefully I will be on my way back towards 117.5 so I can hope and dream about 116 only to ruin it again by the weekend. Yep. Sounds like a plan.
Oh, and my other plan? Have a baby so I can quit working. Not really. That's basically what my big sis is doing and on the one hand I am jealous that she doesn't have to work anymore but on the other hand I feel like not working is still not worth all the time, fatness, and money that will go into raising a child. Guess I'll keep my day job.
You don't need to get fat to have a baby! I had a 7 lb baby and gained 6 lbs :) It all depends on how you eat and how active you stay! People get fat when they allow to cravings and such.
ReplyDeleteI've been watching Mad Men DVDs, and I'm kind of jealous of Betty Draper sitting around smoking while somebody else takes care of her kids. Sounds like the life to me!
ReplyDeleteMelanie-you sound like a miracle person. I swear I have never heard anyone who gained so little and doctors seem to reccommend 25 minimum. I would love to gain that little if I ever got preggo but knowing me.....I'll blow up!!
ReplyDeleteSeeking-I've never actually watched the show, but tell me about it. Sounds perfect to me too minus the smoking bit. : )
I don't smoke either. But on Mad Men everyone smokes like a chimney. The show is about a 1960s ad agency in NY. Every character on that show is an ass hole in one respect or another, but the weird thing is that it seems like a pretty accurate portrayal of 1960. It's kind of a slow show, no super action, but it's dramatic. And I love looking at the clothes. The way people used to dress up for dinner, makes me nostalgic even though I wasn't born yet :)
ReplyDelete