Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Casting

I took a slightly extended lunch break today to go to a print casting.  As soon as I read the e mail from my agent I KNEW I had to do it.  It is dance related.  They asked us to wear tight black pants and a neutral shirt.  I love movement.  I love dance and I have a fit dancer type body so I knew I had to try to go get this one even though modeling is not very realistic for me to do right now with full time work. 

I rushed there and changed in the car before I got out.  I went in, filled out my bio sheet and got my zed card out.  Then I waited.  They had some little snaffu with the camera and lights.  I started getting nervous because I was in meter parking and I only have an hour lunch break.

Finally, it was my turn.  I got to watch a few others make a fool out of themselves before me so I was ready for it.  They put you on a black piece of tape and say "Start moving."  And so I did.  I kicked my legs, twirled, jumped, and arched my arms in the most graceful way that I could.  They told me to just keep it going and snapped pics the whole time.  It was awesome because I know they liked me and I know the other girls watching knew that I was good.  They were impressed by my lines and my muscle tone.  I got to see some of my pics up on the computer monitor and they looked pretty darn good.  I was out of breath by the time I was finished.  Whether or not I get this I know I did a good job.  I gave it my all and I think I am right for it.  Granted.  I WANT THIS JOB!!  I will have to call in sick next week to work it but it pays $1500 and goodness knows I NEED IT!!  I love modeling and I can't do it so much anymore because of my stupid full time job.   Every now and then when something comes up I am motivated not only by love for modeling but by my desire to get a nice pay check.  There is no where else that I could make $1500 in a day unless I was a prostitute. 

I hurried back to work.  Parked and changed back into my jeans inside my car.  I gathered my things and strolled back in as if I'd just been out somewhere eating a sandwich.  I was about 20 minutes late but I don't think anybody missed me.  Normally after a casting I don't hold my breath.  I just do the casting and put it out of my head because you can't drive yourself crazy wondering if you got it or risk total devastation if you don't.  So, this one will be no different.  If I get it I do and if I don't I don't but I am certainly glad that I went out there and gave it my best shot.

3 comments:

  1. I'm crossing my sausage fingers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm catching up on your blog since I've been gone... so I realize this is a little bit late. But that sounds so cool!! I didn't realize you did some modeling. Did you get this job?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope! Didn't get the job. Oh how I could really have used the money too.

    ReplyDelete