I was 116.5 pre dump and afterwards went down to 116 this morning so that is good. I know I have to be very careful with my eating to maintain and this weekend will certainly be the test of my new found willpower. There is an evil BBQ on Saturday.
Moving is so freakin' expensive. Last weekend we picked out a complete King size bedroom set, mattress, and sectional. Grand total on that is going to be about 4K. Then, we've been shopping for washer, dryer, and refrigerator. The fridge we want is 2k. The washer and dryer are $700's/$800's. It's probably going to cost us about 4k with delivery and extended warranty plans. We also have to get window coverings right away which will be at minimum $800-1K. So that stuff alone is about 9k and our wedding is going to be about 10k something. Then, for closing costs we are probably having to pay about 5k (3k of it has already been paid). That is a hell of a lot of money to spend in one year and there are other things I haven't even mentioned. Like our honeymoon airfare (thank goodness we are using hubby's timeshare for free). There are bound to be all kinds of other incidentals as well. The good news is that it's all being paid for in cash. We aren't going to be putting all of this stuff on charge cards. Since I continued to pay the bills where we are hubby has been able to put chunks of money into our joint savings account. He is also getting some money from the GI bill and he's been doing drills which brings in a bit extra a month. I do feel bad because basically this is all being paid for by hubby. I do contribute $100 a month to joint savings and by paying all the bills right now but still. We went to the base parking lot sale yesterday and got some good deals on items that we use in bulk-hubby spent $93. He bought me my wedding band yesterday too. He basically paid off something he had bought me about 6 months ago and replaced it with this. I'm a lucky girl though because it's my 2nd wedding band. I told him he didn't have to but he wanted to.
This is a rough month for me financially anyways. That Mother's day brunch cost me $114 bucks. The gifts I bought for sis, mom, and hubby totaled about $360. I don't regret spending the money because I enjoy giving people gifts but it's just really kickin' my butt. Hubby wants to go to happy hour today, the movies on Sunday and do our work day lunch date this month. We also usually do a monthly date night and I don't know if that's gonna happen. Last night I told him that I am tapped out. I simply can't do it. I burned through my $100 monthly cash already, spending my last $12 yesterday. I still have to pay $50 for condo carpet cleaning and $50-75 bucks for a moving truck. I had my $250 car registration this month too. I simply do not have a dime to spend. I would feel worse if we did those things and he paid for it so instead, I would rather just not do it. Granted, I have money in my savings but it's not to be touched. If I touched it every time money was tight it would be gone so that isn't an option. I hate to be a "Debbie downer" and spoil plans but when money is tight sometimes you can't do everything you want. He is not as used to that concept as I am.
I just lowered the asking rental price on my condo by $100 to try to get a renter in there. That means at the current amount we are asking I will have to pay $100 per month out of pocket. This is another bill on top of my other bills and one I can't really afford. Hence the whole 2nd job concept.
I know all of this is worth it because I love our new house. We were kind of enjoying just hanging out there yesterday and then when we went back to the studio I immediately felt aggravated when I opened the door and saw the cramped room and never ending clutter. We SO have got to move and I am so happy that this is all happening. We will have so much space and it is going to be amazing once we move in and get it all furnished and decorated the way we want. I am just totally and completely overwhelmed financially. What else is new?
No comments:
Post a Comment