Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Eating Through The Fear

I flip flopped back and forth between 117.5 and 117 over the weekend and settled at 118 this morning which actually isn't as disastrous as I was expecting. It's no wonder. I ate a B day dinner of Burger, salad and lava cake thank you very much on Thursday. Friday I ate nothing until happy hour which was much wine, some tequilla, and too much cheese. Saturday was just a basic grilled chicken sandwich for the whole day made very healthily at home. I walked for an hour on top of that. Sunday I had good restraint and picked at just a few things at the brunch gathering and then later that evening I had a full plate of food at my cousin's house with some wine. No seconds or dessert (thankfully there was nothing I liked) and most of it was veggies except for the square of enchilada. If I could have fixed my own plate and/or just not freakin' eaten it all I would have done better.

So, this is where I ended up after all the B day/Easter food shenanigan's and I must say that I know it's going to go lower. At least I am really hoping so. Enough is enough. Haven't I gorged myself enough already? I feel like some of my clothes are already fitting tighter but it's so hard to tell if it's just my imagination or not.

A VERY weird thing happened on Friday. I was at 117.5 in the morning. I weighed in again and had dropped to 116.5. I still have no idea how it happened but I do know that it didn't last for long!! I weighed myself about 5 times just to see if it was for real. If only I didn't have an outing planned that night it could have started me on my path to loosing. If only I weren't such a pig.

Well, now that all of that is done I don't anticipate too much going on food wise this week. If it's just one now and then I can handle that but when it's multiple days out of the week and especially if they are consecutive that is when it ruins me. If I can only eat a pretzel a day to stay at 116 that is obviously not going to work for me long term. I could already feel my metabolism wanting to stall out on me as I restricted and still wasn't dropping. So, I kinda said screw it a little bit and just sort of ate my way through the fear of gaining and I am hoping that my body will settle out. If it has to be 117-118 for now so I can eat a little then so be it but I am going to watch it and I am going to be restricting because I know I am reaching dangerous levels the closer I get to the dreaded 120. I CANNOT go there. I just can't.

Hopefully, my body will soon accept me eating less AND loosing some pounds instead of eating less and only maintaining or even worse gaining.

We'll see how it goes. I want to go back to that place where I am in the zone and totally in control of my eating and desire for food. When it's like nothing can touch me. Not pizza, not casadillas, not hamburgers, not anything. I need to get back there and soon.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you are talking about. Sometimes, the body just switches the weight zone, even if you don not change the habits, maybe it just needs this.
    But there is one thing that cannot be changed:
    If you eat less than your body needs you will lose eventually. Maybe a few days later, maybe tomorrow, but it will happen. The body is a machine, as hard as it sounds, and it has to stay with the laws.
    Don´t worry, girl, it will get there!

    ReplyDelete