Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

He Got The Job

Hubby got the job!! He is so awesome. Thanks to him not only can we plan to stay in the general area and avoid either one of us having to commute but we can also begin house hunting in earnest. Thank god the fate of where we lived didn't depend on me getting another job. We all know how that would have turned out. Not well.

His new job is a big pay cut with a good company but considering how much he'd be saving on a commute to the old job AND the fact that they actually cut the position it is still a very good thing. He made so much money at his old job that he would have been probably still making more money then me on unemployment but no job equals no home loan. What's cool is that the old company that has been paying him the whole time he was overseas will now be paying him a bit more as severance and he hasn't technically been there in over a year. That's hubby for you. He is just good like that. Good things come his way and he lands on his feet. Me. Not so much. Everything is an uphill battle for me with problems and struggle around every curve.

At the home loan meeting we went over bank accounts, debts and income. It felt really sad to say that my pay stub is what I make in a whole month not every two weeks. I feel like I am dragging hubby down as we move forward on trying to get this home loan. My credit is amazing but......
  • I own a property and owe more then it's worth so can't sell.
  • I was stupid enough to co sign on a student loan for the ex husband and there is a 6k balance on it. He pays but it's still a ding.
  • I have a balance on a time share. This isn't so bad. It is joint owed with the ex but at least it's something of some value.
  • I make hardly any money.

He on the other hand has one debt that he could technically pay off if he has to. My credit is better then his (his is still good though) and although he is taking a pay cut right now he still makes a heck of a lot more money then me. I felt kind of ridiculous saying I was a clerical assistant. They don't think we will qualify for as much as we hoped but I hope it's still enough for us to get a decent house. Anyways that is fine with me. I have been really a stickler for not wanting us to over extend ourselves on a mortgage payment.

The wedding plans are rolling along. It's so freaking expensive but I am having so much fun with it. The only reason we are getting to have a wedding at all is because of hubby of course. God, is there anything I can do right? He cooks better too. It just feels so lopsided. I wonder if he ever wonders how the hell he ended up with me. I know he loves me but still....

Food wise I went up .5 and then lost it again so I am steady at 115 right now. There is a huge opportunity to blow it tonight because we are getting together with another couple to eat. I am determined not to take the bait. I even gave away my leftovers from dinner with hubby's aunt to hubby. Oh how I was looking forward to those garlic mashed potatoes too. M is my skinny Minnnie friend. We both have food issues. Hopefully her presence will help me be good.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the job!
    And you should really stop worrying so much about not being good enough. I imagine that he is not even thinking about that, and he has a lot of reasons to end up with you..
    :-)

    We are making wedding plans right now, too, but they are going along slowly and I think we will end up in a rather shitty place, but who cares? I will marry him, that´s what really counts..

    Take good care...

    ReplyDelete