Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Vandalism & Christmas Shopping Oh My

I did finally go #2 later on Monday. I appreciate the tips for what I can try in the future.

On Monday when I walked out to my car after work I noticed that someone had keyed my car. There are two rows of grooves that run from the driver side front door all the way back to the driver side rear quarter panel. I didn't see my car at all on Sunday so I am assuming it probably happened at home Saturday night or Sunday and that I just didn't happen to notice it until after work. I mean, c'mon. I just got the dang car last month and already this?

I can't wait to get out of my crappy neighborhood. There are always cops driving up and down the street. There are weirdos all over the place. It seemed like a good idea to buy a tiny studio there almost five years ago but now I am just not so sure. I can hardly imagine anyone ever wanting to buy it even after housing prices re bound because it's so small and not in the greatest area. What idiot would actually buy a studio with street parking only and no washer/dryer in the unit? Me, apparently. I am pretty much stuck with it for who knows how long now. What was I thinking? Well, I was thinking that it was a newly remodeled (if tiny) place that I could afford to live in without every having to move or have a roommate alone and single for the rest of my life.

Anyhow, I just tried to ignore the whole car thing on Monday and not think about it. I just went straight to the mall and grudgingly did all of my Christmas shopping which was awful because I just didn't know what to get people and it was after work when I'd rather be at home. I didn't want to waste any energy being upset about something bad that happened because it does no good but on Tuesday after having a bit of a rough day I finally got upset. I mean, why would anyone do something like that? Can't people just leave people's stuff alone? I never did anything to whoever the loser it is that decided to damage my property. So now, I am going to have to pay for that on top of everything else. My deductible is $300 which isn't bad but I am going to be driving around with that ugly scratch on my car for a while because I don't know when I'll be able to afford to pay even that. Mean people suck.

Hubby was so sweet. I walked in and he could tell I was upset. I was just outdone. He is going to take the clothes I need to return to UPS and mail my sister's present since I don't really have time being at work all day. He is also going to go look at the 3 wedding locations that were too booked to schedule me in for Saturday appointments so we can make a final decision. I wish I could go but I have to work.

I have had my little meltdown so I am OK for now. The Christmas shopping is done. I have no room for a tree and decorations would look ridiculous in my little tiny space so that's that. I probably spent about $250 for my four family members and hubby. Is that sad? Especially when I bought a $160 jacket for myself. Which buy the way fits me perfectly, but I have left it in the box and can't bring myself to hang in my closet because I feel guilty about buying it and feel like I should send it back. I don't buy for any friends. I keep it simple.
  • Dad: Hugo Boss Cologne & shower gel set. He looooovesss cologne.
  • Mom: $65 Macy's gift card. I feel kind of bad because I couldn't think of any actual item to get her. She has jewelry, tons of clothes. She likes to shop, is on a budget, and loves Macy's deals so hopefully she'll like it.
  • Big Sis: Snuggie. Yes, she actually likes them; and $15 I tunes gift card.
  • Lil Sis: Victoria's Secret Panties. She has a live in boyfriend now-thought I might get her something sexy!
  • Hubby: Nautica Robe. He said he wanted one. I also ordered him a money clip/ID card holder online that is on the way because he is always loosing ID cards and never wants to carry his wallet. He will even leave the wallet places when he does carry it because he doesn't like to keep it in his pocket.
I wish I could do more but I try to focus more on giving gifts to my family that they will truly like instead of the dollar amount. There was one year back in 2006 where I literally couldn't buy anybody anything and I absolutely felt like crap so at least I'm not having that kind of year. I know Christmas isn't just about gifts but I really enjoy giving them and just wish I could do more.

Yesterday there was a little work holiday shin dig and I was very proud of myself for eating my pbj and coffee then only getting a little bit of the food and NO dessert. Some of those plates were piled so high!! It always amuses me to see how much people love food. Not that I don't. I just try to exercise a little willpower. I skipped all of my work snacks to compensate and then got away with a ham and cheese sandwich for dinner. Monday night after I got home late from X mas shopping hubby didn't mention dinner at all so I didn't either. I just had a few cheese and crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment