Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2009

I'm A Pig

I planned this wonderful anniversary night out for me and hubby. I am broke and there are lots of expenses I am stressing over but I was determined to just do this for hubby because he is so good to me and he is such a special guy. I wish I could do way more for him then I do. He has treated me to so much and now it's his turn. The limo came and picked us up at 5:00 pm. There were three types of hard alcohol and a bottle of champagne waiting for us to partake in. We drank champagne on the way to wine tasting downtown. We had 3 tastes of wine and ordered a meat and cheese platter to go with it.

Next dinner. My co worker had given me a card deck of coupons for various restaurants and this place happened to be one of them. I wanted to try something different outside of downtown that would be nice and have a bar atmosphere. This place was perfect and $15 off $50 purchase worked out great. By this time I am buzzed and feeling incredibly daring. Accordingly, I order a cheeseburger with fries. I can't remember the last time I did this. It's usually salad after salad after salad. This time I said NO MORE SALAD!! The combo of the alcohol, being happy with my hubby, and being driven around like a VIP went straight to my head and made me not care. I just ordered what I wanted and basically said screw it. It was so good too!! I only ate half of it and I honestly did enjoy every bite. Oh, and to top it all off they just so happened to have my favorite dessert Chocolate Molten lava cake with vanilla ice cream. Delicious. Hubby and I each grabbed a spoon and dug in.

We finished off the night by walking along the beach. It was a little chilly but it was a nice view. Very romantic. Hubby said I did a great job planning everything out and that he had fun. That is what really mattered most to me.

When I got home I weighed myself with jammies on just to see what it would say. Not the best thing to do after a night of indulging but I couldn't help myself. The number 117.5 flashes up at me. This morning I weighed in at 115.5 so I decided not to eat until dinner. Hubby went to Wings & Things and brought home some bread (among other things) so I did have a piece of that. We are making pizza tonight. Yeah for reduced fat mozzarella! I also picked out healthy veggie toppings.

Right now I am hungry and as long as I go easy on the pizza I should be fine. Right now I just feel so heavy and bloated. I've been feeling like I need to go #2 since I woke up but it still hasn't happened yet. I am sure I will feel much better after that. Hopefully I haven't done too much damage and can loose the extra pound over the next couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment