So. I think I'm going to finally have to be that person. The person who comes on here to say that they are closing up shop. I don't know. I think it's time. I rarely post here anymore, and most bloggers who used to post have also disappeared. I barely blog, and nobody barely reads here anymore. This blog started out as essentially and eating disorder diary, where I was able to share things about life with an eating disorder and get support from others who experienced the same things. People here understood what I was going through when nobody else in my life could. I could talk about things here that I couldn't share anywhere else.
Lately, most of my posts haven't even about diet, exercise, and weight. I'd sort of branched out into other story lines going on in my life. Marital issues, and problems with my shoulder, had taken over. I didn't even track calories from July until March of this year and didn't start daily weigh ins again until March. I've come to a place with my eating disorder where it's not the only most important thing in my life. This blog and this place served a purpose in my life before that it just doesn't seem to be doing anymore. Blogging itself has changed so much over the years. It's become slick and commercial, and that was never the way this kind of blog was going to be, but there was still widespread communal sharing of feelings and baring of souls that used to go on here. The less and less that I show up here to blog, the less and less important it feels for me to keep coming back. I've been sharing my secrets here for nine years, and I just don't know how I feel about continuing to do so. I'm always going to write things down to preserve memories. I'm always going to have a journal, but it feels kind of pointless to continue doing it here.
I could still change my mind I guess, but for now, I really think this is it.
There are a few peeps from here who I'd love to stay in touch with. You know who you are. I think some of you have left some info for me in previous comments, so I'll go back and search for it.
I’ve been reading since the beginning, and will definitely miss you!
ReplyDeleteI hope you will stay in touch. I would love to catch up and hear how you are doing.
ReplyDelete