Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Juice Fast

I've been doing a Juice fast since Sunday night.  I ate 3 slices of the cheesiest pizza you have ever seen on Sunday and haven't eaten a thing since.  Hubby bought a juicer last week and it was his idea to try it.  We've been hearing about the juicing craze for a while now.  They say that giving your body a break from digestion and ingesting 100% liquid nutrients can have very positive health results.  I may tell my co workers that's the only reason I'm trying it but the real side perk for me is to escape food and maybe see a lower number on the scale.  Even if I know that it probably won't last.  I've always been one to say I could never ever fast.  I can restrict but to go without food completely just seemed like something I wouldn't be able to do.  Nor did I really want to even though my ultimate goal for so long has been to eat as little as possible.  I never had a plan of what I would consume during the fast but the juicer solves that problem.  Knowing that the juice is natural and full of nutrients helps me to believe that my body can get through it as long as my mind can keep up.  My biggest symptom so far  is being super sleepy.  I can't be sure if it's normal sleepy or lack of food sleepy.  I did have coffee today but that's my only cheat.  I was falling asleep on the couch last night and so tired most of the work day.  I perked up a bit later and I just feel normal tired now because it's after 10pm.  feel fine now.  Just normal tired.  there is a hollow pit in my stomach where food usually is.  I'm constantly aware of it but it's not too bothersome.  

I haven't been nearly as ravenous as I thought I'd be.  The hunger actually isn't that bad.  I miss the action of food more then anything else which is ridiculous because eating is not an activity.  I treat it that way though.  It's something to do and it's a reward.  It's almost easier to eat nothing then to try to eat in moderation.  Nothing means no options.  No little bite here or a nibble there.  One bite can't ever lead to another when there is no bite to begin with.  Hubby gave in today and ate.  He was at work and literally couldn't work anymore without getting some food.  Tomorrow (Wednesday) will be day 3.  Not a terribly long time but the longest I've ever gone without consuming any solid food.  My goal is 3-5 days.  Depending on how I feel tomorrow I may push for another day or two.  It's so much harder when hubby is eating.  He had pancakes for dinner tonight and it smelled so good.  I couldn't have even a single bite.

I really want to never eat again because as much as I love food in the moment in the end it always makes me feel fat and terrible about myself.  I keep asking myself.  Is it really the worst thing in the world to be a 5'7" 120 lbs girl who fits into a size 0 or 2 depending on the clothing store that people still refer to as "skinny."  Probably not.  For the last few weeks I've sort of thrown my hands up when it comes to weight loss.  My weight has been pretty much maintaining around 119-120 no matter  what I do so I basically said screw it.  Even with that screw it mentality I'd just go up and down a pound and that was it.  I've basically just been eating what I want sticking around 1k calories as my goal.  Going some over and some under.  Over this last weekend I REALLY said screw it and ate out Italian on Friday, Mexican on Saturday and Pizza on Sunday.  On Monday I was up to 122.6 which is a high I've hit before over the last year and also the highest weight I've been in years and years.  I've gotten almost numb to the crap that I see on the scale every day.

I don't see this juice fast as a solution but it certainly feels good to be free from the thing that haunts me every day.  Food.  I'm obsessed with it and I hate it all at the same time.   There are two juice combos that I'm doing.  The veggie based one is 24-36 oz of the Mean Green; Kale, Lemon, Ginger, Apples and Cucumber during the day.  It takes me all day to finish sipping on it which is a good thing.  The fruity one is 12 oz of Pineapple, Oranges, Mango and Strawberries for dinner.  I made a new combo of Carrots, Kale and Apples for the day tomorrow.  After that I'm all out and if I continue to stick with liquids I'm going to find a meal replacement smoothie kind of something for Thursday and Friday.  The thing about juicing is it's extremely high carbs and if you throw any fruit in there it's pretty high sugar too.  It's not something that I really realized before.  I think it would taste awful though without some sort of fruity fruit.  BUT, if it's all clean and all I'm eating I don't feel too bad about it.  It would be very hard for me to juice and eat because I'd just feel like it's too much carbs on top of whatever food.  Unless I was really good and just ate protein but with my snacky self that probably wouldn't happen.  Unless I really change my total outlook.  The protein and Fiber is high and the Sodium and Fat is very low.  I'm estimating on what I'm drinking in a day; I'm at about 950 calories for the day of pure clean juice.  I always thought juicing would be way lower.  I'm running to the bathroom a lot.  It'll be interesting to see if I have a BM or not with no digesting of food.

On another note, work did finally die down thank god.  It was so crazy for a while I thought I'd lose it.  My Birthday last week was awesome. I got in some quality ME time.  Shopping calmed down for Jan-March but April I did some shopping and I'm blaming my Birthday.  My mother in law has sent some Birthday cash so it will balance out okay.  I got booked for a modeling shoot too which I was super excited about.  The casting was 2 weeks ago and they liked me.  It's a Catalog for a Baby Toy company.  I did the first day on Monday for 3 hours and I'm scheduled to shoot again on Friday for two hours.  I'm really excited to be doing some modeling again and for the extra money that it will bring in.   Somehow it just fell into place that I was able to do it.  I did have to make up a fib about a Dr appointment on Monday and may make up a new one for Friday but it's doable. 

3 comments:

  1. I have been reading up on juicing and raw food ever since I saw "fat sick and nearly dead" - have you seen this page: http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/ (I think you have since you are talking about mean green ^^)

    They say the feeling of being sleepy and tired will go away after a week and will be replaced with loads of energy but I have no XP with it since I have never tried it my self.

    The modeling job sounds soo fun! Hope you will post some pictures from it :)

    And it seems like I've missed your bday - so happy belated bday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so epic, I definitely think I may try it after having read this. Something which I'm struggling with at the moment, as you mentioned is the lack of food sleepy. Do you find that you are just power through that? I mean, the reason I'm asking is because I keep worrying that being tired at work may affect work performance? Is that something that you struggle with?

    And... MODELLING JOB YEAAAAAAH!Hope you post some pics. The juice detox sounds like the perfect way to get down quickly before then :D Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister lost 30 lbs in 2 months on a fast. She actually was drinking those Bolthouse Juice I love them I have 8 OZ in the morning and then 8 OZ in the evening to try and balance my eating. Good luck and late happy b-day!

    ReplyDelete