Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

119.0: The Honeymoon is Over

My honeymoon was awesome!  I had so much fun.  Every day was relaxing and easy going.  I ate a burger w/fries, pizza, and desserts.  That probably was the worst of it.  One night I just ordered salad and one time I just ate off of hubby's plate because I just wasn't hungry enough to eat and I didn't want to eat just to eat.  I mostly ate what I wanted and I couldn't weigh in daily so it was just whatever.  I only went #2 twice while we were there.  We were there 8 days!  That tells me my irregularity issues have nothing to do with not getting enough food 'cause I got plenty of that and still couldn't go.  The first 3 days we went to the gym in the morning.  The second day I weighed in with shoes and all on the balance scale and it said 117!!  Anyhow, I pushed myself really hard on the treadmill all three days then day 4 we went on a 2 mile hike up a mountain so that was 4 days of solid exercise.  So I did what I could for 4 days and the rest of the time we didn't bother with exercise which was fine.  It's our honeymoon.  Working out is so much easier when you are on vacation.  You have something you don't have at home.  TIME!  Nothing but time and there is no 40 hours a week sucked up by a stupid job.  When my time is my own I have no problem with dedicating some of it to the gym.

At almost every meal I got super full.  By Friday I was all fooded out.  We had breakfast that morning then ate some left over sandwiches and cake for dinner with wine.  We mostly just snacked on Saturday which was the day we left.  I had ice cream, pretzels, candy.   Then yesterday I only ate candy and pretzels all day.  I was hungry but I just needed to get through that day without eating so I could get started on making a dent in my vacation weight gain.  I am still under 120.  I think the day I left I was 116.5 so that's not too bad.  I can live with that.  I guess.  But really.  I could not eat that much for an extended period of time even if I wanted to.  We had a really big dinner on Wednesday night.  The night I had the burger with fries and we shared a huge complimentary ice cream pie dessert.  The next day I wasn't even hungry.  Hubby attempted a double cheeseburger and was so full he couldn't eat either.  I had so much food from the day before that my body just subsisted off that and it was fine.  There is only so much food I can take and it's good to know that.

I did a lot of people watching.  There are a lot of fatties in the world.  Being at a resort with people running around in bathing suits all day confirms that.  Not only that but there aren't a lot of thin people.  Most of the thin bodies I saw were on kids and even then a lot of those little kids are not thin.  Every now and then I would see a pretty thin person but mostly it was average or normal to overweight.  I think Hollywood gossip shows, TV and magazines makes us think that everyone is thin but it's just not so.  The majority of the world is not.

Hubby and I had soooo much fun.  We had so much quality time together.  We had our little relationship chat and I told him that it really bothers me when he won't tidy up after himself.  It's our time to talk about what's good and what's bad in the relationship.  So we both did it.  I'm glad to know that we are still happy and in love and that we can communicate.  That is so important!  We only had sex ONCE!  Is that strange for a honeymoon?  Probably.  I initiated it that one time.  I was so tired every night by 8:30 and sometimes we had already taken two showers.  One from the gym then one after the beach or pool.  Having sex means a 3rd shower!!  I'm so technical it's ridiculous.  But, I forgot to talk about sex during our little chat.  I will definitely bring it up next time we do it.  If he wants more we can but if he is ok with how it is then I am too.

I don't even know how much money I spent.  Things were so expensive!  We had dinner on Tuesday night at a nice restaurant and that was $100.  We rented an umbrella and two chairs for the beach Monday and that was $60.  Drinks were mostly $9-$10 although we did find a spot where they were $7 and got a few beers for $5 when we caught a happy hour.   Dinners out were mostly $40-$50.  Our breakfast Friday morning was $30.  Why is one Belgium waffle $12 bucks??  And if you wanted a side that was an extra $5.  Two scoops of ice cream for hubby on the last day was $7 bucks!  I just got one scoop and that was $3.95.  Our couples massage was $300 and our luau and transportation to the bay was $99.  Our submarine tickets were $90 each.  It was CRAZY!  After a while it's just like oh well.  I did my best to pay for stuff although I do think hubby spent the most money.  I had my $150 discover gift card I earned and the $200 we earned for doing the time share presentation which helped A LOT.

It was so beautiful there.  It must be so hard to work and live a normal life there.  The tropical air is so warm...how can people put on polyester/spandex work pants and shirts?  I loved running around in a bikini all day and then shorts and a tank at night.  I love being on vacation.  I didn't feel the need to wear make up (not that I ever much do) and still felt beautiful.  Just put on some gloss and go.  Being that tan makes me feel so naturally pretty.  My skin was always just slightly flushed from the sun and being so full of happy.  My hair was au natural and I didn't even care that it wasn't perfectly straightened.  Being at the beach all day it was salty and stiff and at night I just washed it and it and let the sun dry it.  Being on vacation is the best.  It's like you get to be a better version of yourself.  The self you would be if your life wasn't consumed by work and bills and appointments.  And worries about weight!!!  We are already talking about what our next vacation will be.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back!! I'm glad you had a fabulous honeymoon!! D and I are are already starting to plan our next vacation too! We're planning on going somewhere warm in February for Valentine's day. We're thinking all inclusive and Adults only. I have 3.5 months to get bikini ready!! :o

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good time...I'm sure you needed it! Everyone needs a good vacation.

    ReplyDelete